Thai Yoga Massage Training
The ability to support another person with comforting hands on Thai massage is a practice that benefits not only the person receiving the massage, but the person who is giving it. The dance like movements and the beautiful techniques are powerfully transformative, which is why we offer these modules as part of our 300 hour yoga teacher training. We are honoured to share what we know with you either through our certification program or through a weekend workshop. You can share what you learn with your family and friends or incorporate it into your current practice. Unique to our approach is that our course brings Stefani's insights from her yoga teaching background and her knowledge from her career as a Registered Massage Therapist. This is an especially beneficial course for yoga teachers wanting to deepen their ability to hold space for their students through the use of powerful hands on assists and for massage therapists wanting to add a new hand saving repertoire to their skill set. However, there are no pre-requisites. Everyone is welcome.
Our Thai Yoga Massage Workshop style modules explore the following:
- Thai Yoga Massage - exploring the Thai approach to massage and empowering hands on assists within supported yoga postures and how to use these techniques within the context of a group yoga class or private session
- Adaptations and modifications to work with your body's alignment needs
- Adaptations, use of props and modifications for working with clients with health concerns or injuries
- Ayurveda - looking at the emotional body through the lens of Pitta (irritability), Kapha (depression) and Vata (anxiety) and comparing this with the current Western perspectives on mental health and its relationship to the nervous system
- Exploring the Energetic Body - A comparison of Western views on the nervous system and Eastern views on the Energetic body through the lens of Marmani (the Ayurvedic expression of acupressure and Reiki) and Craniosacral Therapy*
Our Level One Thai Yoga Massage track is the completion of three separate workshops - Thai Yoga Massage for Anxiety, Thai Yoga Massage for Stress and Thai Yoga Massage for Depression. By completing all three workshop style modules and the course practicum, RMT's receive 15 CCP credits and yoga teachers receive 72 YACEP credits. Completion of all three programs and the course Practicum earns you a certificate in Thai Yoga Massage.
Our Level Two Thai Yoga Massage track allows you to obtain your practice license as a 'Holistic Practitioner' through the NHPC with the title of Thai Yoga Massage Practitioner. This requires the completion of 3 additional workshops of your choice from our 300 Hour modules, along with completion of the course Practicum and home practice hours.